Everybody strives to use less energy, and manufacturers release more energy-efficient products yearly. Did you know that there are strategies to lower your energy usage whether or not you have appliances that have earned the Energy Star label? Here are a few quick fixes for keeping your appliances energy efficient.
- If you load your dishwasher without rinsing your dishes, you will provide a family of three with enough water to last a lifetime.
- Instead of utilizing the dishwasher’s heat cycle, let your dishes dry naturally.
- Avoid placing a small pot on a big burner. Utilize a tiny pot on the small burner to save up to 40% on electricity.
- To ensure food cooks more quickly, regularly clean your burners and microwave.
Dryer And Washer
- You can use half as much energy if you cleanse your clothes in cold water.
- To maintain air circulation, clean your lint filter frequently.
- Air drying your clothes whenever possible will help you save electricity. You can also adjust your dryer to a lower level to do this.
- Get your fridge out of the path of other appliances. Your fridge will work harder and have a shorter lifespan if placed adjacent to heat-producing appliances like your stove.
- Allow any unfinished food to cool before storing it in the refrigerator. The refrigerator is accelerated by the heat from the food and has to work harder to maintain the desired temperature.
These simple suggestions help prolong your appliances’ life while lowering energy costs. If you need one of your appliances repaired, contact Apex Appliances Repair Services LLC. To ensure that you get the most use possible out of your appliances, we have the knowledge and experience to diagnose and fix them.